Pages

Monday 27 February 2017

Padella, London

Padella is just located right next to Borough Market.
It is an Italian restaurant that serves inexpensive fresh pasta daily.

My friend and I dropped by around 11.15am on a Saturday to find that there were already people queuing, we decided to only come back at 12pm and found ourselves caught in a long line.



Photo taken from the outside of the restaurant.






Note that the menu changes from time to time.



Tangliarini with slow-cooked tomato sauce & Confini olive oil 2016 (£6.50)

A very simple pasta dish with no meat or whatsoever, yet very, very tasty. Pasta was nice and chewy, the tomato sauce was fresh and very fragrant. It tasted really fresh and had the right balance between sweet and sour. I don't think it was served with cheese (I didn't see or taste any) but I think it's better that way because it may kill the freshness of the tomato sauce.




Pappardelle with 8-hour Dexter beef shin ragu (£9)

I'm not a huge fan of beef but the flavor of the overall dish was really rich, pappardelle was well-cooked like the previous dish, nice and chewy. 



Pear & almond tart (£4)

The tart however is quite lacking. I wasn't able to taste the pear and almond, it mostly just tasted like a normal sweet tart. I did manage to find a small piece of pear after eating around 3/4 of the tart but that was pretty much it. I wished there was more pear, it would have been a lot better.


Good service, fantastic pasta, but I'd recommend to avoid the dessert. For a place that serves quality fresh pasta and a place in central London, I personally find the prices very affordable.



Prices: Inexpensive
Delivery: No
Cash/Card: Both

Personal Recommendation: Yes

http://www.padella.co

6 Southwark Street
London
SE1 1TQ

OPENING HOURS:
MON-SAT : 12pm-4pm, 5pm-10pm
SUN : 12pm-5pm

Square Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment