Pages

Monday 20 February 2017

Café Rouge, Canterbury

Hellooo! Been awhile since my last post!
No excuses honestly.
I have been busy but honestly I've been very lazy at the same time.

I wasn't planning to write this post so I didn't really bother with taking other photos or trying out the other dishes my friends ordered, but I changed my mind so here's just a short post for today.

So back with another food review - this time on Café Rouge!
A chain bistro that serves French food.



So first off...
Many many thanks to the birthday girl (2nd from the left) for dinner! :)


I'm not very familiar with French cuisine so I'm not sure if certain things were supposed to be the way it was, but here's my opinion on the dishes I've tried.



Soufflé (£6.35)

The salad didn't make much sense to me, I didn't think it needed the vegetables but the apple slices were nice. The soufflé just didn't really seem or feel like one... But then again I haven't had that many soufflés yet in my life. The taste however was pretty good, the slight sweet and sourness of the apple and pear chutney nicely cuts through the savory cheese taste as well. 




Saumon (£13.75)

Everything on this dish was average. The issue I had with it however was how the bits of lemon were just thrown onto the plate like that. The description did say "lemon" but this was not what I was expecting. I thought they would have had the lemon on the side for us to squeeze it. I tried pairing the lemon with the potatoes, with the spinach, with the salmon, nothing seems to work for me, it was just extremely overpowering and sour.


Service was alright, but they seemed a little understaffed.
I saw only 2 people running around trying to serve I think 5-6 tables and even then they seemed really occupied. Service was a tad bit slow at the beginning too, but it got a bit better after awhile.

I'd say that the food isn't amazing but it isn't terrible.
This probably isn't a place that I would choose to dine in on my own accord unless I'm in the mood to but it's not so bad that I would try hard to stay away from it.

Will I visit again? Not on my own will, but yes, I would be willing to.



Prices: A bit pricey for the quality.
Delivery: Yes (Deliveroo)
Cash/Card: Both
Access to Toilet: Yes

Personal Recommendation: Worth a try.

http://www.caferouge.com/
01227 784984

Unit 3 & 5 The Link
Longmarket
CT1 2JS Canterbury

OPENING HOURS:
MON-SAT : 9am-11pm
SUN : 9am-10.30pm


Square Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment