Pages

Monday 12 December 2016

Saint Smokeys BBQ House, Canterbury

So this is my third visit to Saint Smokeys, and they've never disappointed.

There are seats in and out of the place but I suggest that you pick a seat outside if you don't want your clothes to smell because of the open kitchen, but I don't think you would really want to do that in the cold during winter.



Saint Smokeys going a little festive for Christmas.


You're expected to order at the counter yourself,
but they'll bring your food to you if you're seated.
Service is quite alright. Since it's half self-serviced,
there's nothing much I can say about it but they do have friendly staff. :)




Saint Smokey's 1/4 Chicken Meal, with 1/2 rice & 1/2 chips (£7)

I think that it's quite fairly priced for the portion and quality of food.

The meal comes in a paper box with a wooden knife and fork.
They'll provide a serviette and wet napkin as well.

PS. Please do be nice and throw the used items to the bin by yourself after your meal! :)

I've always ordered rice and side salad in the past because the menu says "Rice or Chips and Corn or Side Salad". Forgot to choose my vegetables and said "Saint Smokey's 1/4 Chicken Meal with rice and chips", intended to order the chips as sides but it turned out as 1/2 rice and 1/2 rice on the receipt.

Didn't know that was an option, I'll be sure to order like that from now on.

I can't exactly remember how many sauces there were- 3 to 4 of them I think? The ones I remember of are sweet, hot and extra hot. I chose the one that was extra hot, but I generally enjoy spicy food and I'm quite good with it so if you're not good with spicy food, you'll be better off choosing the milder ones.

Chicken was really good. Not the most tender, but it complements well with the dish. It has a nice smokey flavor to it, I loved the sauce and the rice had a nice grainy texture. Chips were nicely done, but it gets a little soggy after awhile because of the sauce.

Waiting time's around 15-20 minutes.
It's written down somewhere at the counter. If you're really, really hungry, I suggest that you find some other place to dine in, or perhaps you can try calling in to order beforehand?
I'm not really sure if that's possible but you can try.

It's worth the wait though!



They have their menu online so you can check it out on their website if you're interested.
Will definitely return again!



Prices: Moderate/Inexpensive
Takeaway: Yes
Delivery: No
Cash/Card: Both
Access to Toilet: Yes

Personal Recommendation: Yes

01227 769027

17-18 The Borough, 
CT1 2DR, Canterbury

OPENING HOURS:
MON-WED : 12pm-10pm
THURS-SAT : 12pm-11pm
SUN : Closed


1 comment: